ARM recently undertook their monitoring centre reclassification. This requires an ASIAL approved independent auditor to confirm compliance with the Australian Standard 2201.2:2004 (Intruder Alarm Systems – Monitoring Centres).
The audit covers a range of building requirements and confirms operational performance of the monitoring centre is in accordance with Australian Standards, covering such things as:
- The construction of the centre, together with its physical and fire protection.
- Access into the centre and its ‘modus operandi’.
- Ventilation systems (their integrity and operation).
- Power supply arrangements (multiple redundancy and standby times).
- Communications (telephones, duress and radio).
- Redundancy for the monitoring equipment.
- Response times for alarms and compliance with operational protocols.
- Data retention and record-keeping.
Congratulations to Grace, Merton and the ARM operational team for retaining the highest grade available A1.